Fume hood super structure should consist of
- Frame structure in atleast 1.6 mm thick galvanized iron construction.
- Inner lining, rear baffles and top baffles in 6mm thick fire retardant property lab grade Phenolic resin construction of any reputed make.
- Outer panels of the super structure should be in atleast 1.2mm thick high finished GI construction, duly coated with epoxy powder.
- Front post should be broad enough to mount service fittings and should be in fabricated out of atleast
1.2 mm thick high finished GI construction, duly coated with epoxy powder.
- Air Foil should be in Flip-on type design and should be fabricated out of 1.6 mm thick SS 316 construction. Air foil should be with hard teflon coating for extra ordinary chemical resistant.
- Exhaust outlet should be provided with streamlined shaped duct collar in PP construction.
- The front sash should be in Combination type design, 5 mm thick toughened glass construction with full length sash handle in anodized Al construction duly coated with epoxy powder.
- Sash movement mechanism should be provided with multi core SS wire having dia. not less than 3.0 mm. The wire pulleys should be provided with ball bearings in SS construction for smooth movement of the sash.
- Super structure should be provided with LED lights of sufficient capacity for proper illumination within the hood chamber. The light intensity at work top level should be at least 300 lux.
Fume hood work top in granite construction having thickness not less than 18 mm. The work top shall be provided with raised rails on all 4 sides to prevent spillage and should also be provided with a cup sink in PP construction on rear side corner.
All the service valves should be in forged brass construction with spindle in SS construction. Valves should be provide with angular shaped serrated nozzles also in brass construction with epoxy powder coating. The valve knobs should be with color sign as per DIN standard. All the valves should be provided with service pipe connection at least 1.5-meter-long in following construction.